By Charlotte Clarke
Think salad is boring? This classically French salad is bursting with fresh flavours and is best enjoyed on a summer’s day.
Full of flavour and texture this recipe is quick, easy, healthy and perfect if you want something delicious knocked up in no time at all!
Tuna steak is partnered with Heritage Breeds Copper Maran Hen Eggs delivering a high protein meal that doesn’t sacrifice taste.
With such a vast array of flavours, this truly is the liveliest of salad recipes. Bon Appetite!
- 300g small new potatoes
- 100g fine green bean, trimmed
- 3 Heritage Breeds Copper Maran Hen Eggs
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce, outside leaves trimmed off
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 325g fresh tuna steak
- Half a lemon, juiced
- Chopped chives to serve
- 50f cucumber, quartered
- 50g pitted black olives
- 5 marinated anchovy
- 1 garlic clove
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- To make the dressing, tip the olives, anchovies and garlic into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar, then set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 mins until tender, then drain and set aside
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 4-5 mins until tender. Drain, tip into iced water, then drain again and set aside
- Halve the potatoes and heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Place the potatoes cut-side down in the pan and sizzle for about 4 mins until golden and crisp
- Toss the potatoes in the pan to brown on all sides, then turn up the heat and add the tomatoes. Fry for about 1 min before adding 1 tbsp of the balsamic vinegar, then turn off the heat and scatter over the basil
- Cook the tuna in a pan over a high heat, then turn down after 2 mins to a medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil
- Season the tuna generously, then sear for 6 mins, leaving it to brown. Turn over and continue to cook for 6 mins on the other side. Set the tuna aside to rest for a few mins
- Boil the eggs for approximately 5 mins, drain and cool under cold running water, deshell and quarter
- Scatter the potatoes and tomatoes around the plate and add the cucumber
- Place the tuna steak and eggs on top and pour over the olive dressing
- Season with salt and pepper and scatter the chopped chives to serve