Boiled Egg and Asparagus
By Charlotte Clarke
If you’re looking for a tasty yet simple egg recipe, this indulgent twist on the traditional egg and soldiers is just what you’re looking for. The fresh taste of asparagus paired with the velvety yolk of our Royal Legbar Eggs creates a meal packed with flavour with little preparation time.
These pastel blue shelled eggs are a treat for eyes and taste buds alike. Teamed with the luscious green of the asparagus and the golden glow of the egg yolk, this meal is as colourful and it is delicious.
Asparagus is the spring superfood, bursting with essential vitamins and minerals. Its high fibre content paired with the protein-packed egg leaves you feeling hunger free for longer despite being a humble two ingredient meal.
With a preparation time of less than 5 minutes, this is the King of easy egg recipes. We recommend a boiling time of approximately 4 minutes to ensure a rich, gooey yolk for your asparagus spears to sink into.
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1 Heritage Breeds Royal Legbar Hen Egg
- 1 tbsp. olive oil to serve
- Sprinkle of salt
- Fill two pans with water and bring to the boil
- Cook the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-5 mins until tender
- At the same time, boil the eggs in a pan for approx. 4 mins
- Place the egg in an egg cup
- Drain the asparagus and place alongside the egg
- Drizzle with olive oil to serve